Botox® at Auckland Cosmetic Medicine Clinic Ltd - Sapphire Appearance Medicine Clinic is ONLY administered by Dr Garsing Wong, registered medical practitioner in New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Switzerland. Dr Garsing Wong has given international talks on his unique techniques of administering the most popular safe non-surgical cosmetic procedure - Botox® (also known as Onabotulinumtoxin A). Dr Garsing Wong is a former Executive Member of the New Zealand Society of Cosmetic Medicine formerly known as the New Zealand College of Appearance Medicine, and a Fellow of the Royal New Zealand College of Urgent Care (formally known as the Accident and Medical Practitioners Association) as well as the former Chairman of the Royal New Zealand College of Urgent Care,. Dr Wong is a Fellow of the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners and Member of the World FUE Institute - Hair Transplantation Institute, Belgium and a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery - ISHRS.
Dr Garsing Wong and Wen-Pei Margaret Chen have given international lectures as well as workshops to medical specialist, including dermatologist, plastic surgeons, cosmetic physicians, Botox® specialist, aesthetic physicians, Ear Nose and Throat surgeons, and gynaecologist from France, Switzerland, Belgium, United Kingdom, Taiwan, India, Hong Kong, Japan, Germany, Mexico, Columbia, and Australia.
At Sapphire we use Botox (an other botulinum Toxins) to treat the usual popular areas such as frown lines, forehead wrinkles and crows feet.
WHAT IS Botox®?
It is a safe, natural purified protein that relaxes muscles and can give dramatic and apparent results within days. The active ingredient is botulinum toxin type A protein also known as OnabotulinumtoxinA is derived from bacteria in much the same way as penicillin is derived from mould. It is manufactured in sterile laboratory conditions by Allergan, Inc., a respected listed American public pharmaceutical company.
Botulinum toxin type A has traditionally been used exclusively for medical procedures, and only in 2006 has the cosmetic use of Botox has exceeded the its traditional medical uses.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Many facial wrinkles occur when we use our muscles to make repeated facial expressions. Once the muscles are relaxed, you cannot contract them and continue to make the undesirable facial expressions. Thus, the lines gradually smooth and new lines are prevented from forming.
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT INVOLVE?
When Botox is used for reducing facial lines, a small amount is injected into selected facial muscles by Dr Garsing Wong using a very fine needle. Generally, a treatment for glabellar frown lines takes around 10 minutes. Discomfort is typically minimal and brief, and no anaesthetic is usually required. The injection DOES NOT sting. Normal activities can be resumed soon after. The Botox takes 2-3 days to begin taking effect and about 7 days to see the full effect on facial lines.
The dose recommended for the treatment of different areas will vary depending on your individual situation and the severity of your individual requirements. Dr Garsing Wong will assess what the best dose of Botox is for you and which muscles to inject to give you the best results.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
The effect can last up to 4 months before lines slowly begin to return. Repeated treatments with Botox tend to make the effect last longer.
WILL THE TREATMENT CAUSE MORE WRINKLES TO FORM?
The treatment with Botox relaxes the facial muscles that cause expression lines, it does not cause more wrinkles to form. If you choose not to have further treatments with Botox then your muscles will eventually return to normal activity and your wrinkles will gradually revert to their pre-treatment levels.
WILL FACIAL EXPRESSION BE AFFECTED?
Botox works specifically on the muscles treated. This means that any muscle left untreated, including untreated facial muscles, should not be affected. Dr Garsing Wong will determine the best dose of Botox for you and which muscles to inject with Botox to give you the best results.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS WITH BOTOX®?
In the amounts used for the treatment of wrinkles and lines, the side effects are rarely seen and are usually temporary and localised to the area of injection. Possible side effects include headaches, pain, burning, bruising or redness at the injection site, local muscle weakness including drooping eyelids (less than 0.4%), lack of feeling, skin tightness and nausea.
CAN IT BE COMBINED WITH OTHER PRODUCTS AND PROCEDURES?
Yes, Botox can be safely used in combination with various cosmetic products and/or procedures. Dr Garsing Wong and Margaret (Wen-Pei Chen) will advise you on which is the best products and/or procedure for your skin. Botox is most frequently combined with dermal fillers to restore volume in your face using such products as Teosyal® and Restylane®. More recently, Dr Garsing Wong has been combining treatment with Botox with the new innovative Venus Viva Nanofractional Ablative Radiofrequency as well as the Cooltech® Cryolipolisis device and Belkyra® to achieve even better results.
Please book to see Margaret (Wen-Pei Chen) at Auckland Cosmetic Medicine Clinic Ltd - Sapphire Appearance Medicine Clinic, 26 College Hill, Freemans Bay, Auckland to discuss which procedure is suitable for you.
Sapphire Appearance Medicine Clinic also known as Auckland Cosmetic Medicine Clinic Limited is located at 26 College Hill, Freemans Bay, Auckland which borders on Ponsonby and St Mary's Bay, just up the road from the New World Supermarket at Victoria Park Market.
MANDATORY STATEMENTS FOR ADVERTISING :
1) BOTOX® is a prescription medicine for the treatment of frown lines , horizontal forehead lines and crow’s feet round the eyes. Botox® has risks and benefits. Ask your doctor if Botox is right for you. If you have side effects, see your doctor. You will need to pay for Botox® and clinic fees will apply. For details on precautions & side effects consult your healthcare professional or the Consumer Medicine Information (CMI) at www.medsafe.govt.nz . Botox® treatment lasts about 4 months and further courses of treatment may be necessary. Should only be administered by trained medical professionals. (contains botulinum toxin A 50,100 & 200 units) Allergan (NZ) Limited, Auckland.
2) TEOSYAL RHA® 1, TEOSYAL RHA® 2, TEOSYAL RHA® 3, TEOSYAL RHA® 4, TEOSYAL® PURESENSE REDENSITY 1, TEOSYAL® PURESENSE REDENSITY 2, TEOSYAL PURESENSE KISS ® , TEOSYAL® PURESENSE GLOBAL ACTION, TEOSYAL® PURESENSE DEEP LINES, TEOSYAL® PURESENSE ULTIMATE and TEOSYAL® PURESENSE ULTRA DEEP TEOSYAL KISS® , RHA KISS® , TEOSYAL® MESO, TEOSYAL® GLOBAL ACTION, TEOSYAL® DEEP LINES, , TEOSYAL® ULTIMATE and TEOSYAL® ULTRA DEEP are trademark of the firm TEOXANE SA. These products are gel that contains hyaluronic acid, and 0.3% by weight of lidocaine hydrochloride They are class III medical devices. Caution for people on blood thinning medicines. Local side effects: inflammatory reactions (redness, oedema, pain at the point of injection), haematomas, itching, temporary loss of sensitivity around the injected area, disorders of pigmentation in skin and hair, abscesses, indurations, nodules (possibly granulomas). General manifestations: immediate hypersensitivity up to anaphylactic shock, migration of the implant. Rare but serious adverse events associated with the intravascular injection of soft tissue fillers in the face have been reported and include temporary or permanent vision impairment or blindness, skin necrosis and stroke. Lasts 9 -12 months. Please consult your doctor pharmacist for more information. Please refer to instructions for use, local distributor. Healthcare Logistics, Auckland.
3) BELKYRA® injection is a prescription medicine containing 10 mg/mL deoxycholic acid. It is used for the improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with fat below the jaws in adults. Do not use in people allergic to this medicine, with infection at site of injection, pregnancy, and lactation. Possible side effects include headaches, difficulty swallowing, nausea, skin tightness, hypertension, injection site bruising/pain/swelling/numbness/redness/tingling/hardness/itching /discolouration/formation of small areas of hardness/warmth and injection site nerve injury. BELKYRA® treatment is not funded on the New Zealand Pharmaceutical Schedule. You will need to pay for this medicine. Normal Doctors visit fees apply. BELKYRA® treatment should be administered only by trained medical professionals. Speak to your specialist about your own situation and about the benefits/risks of this procedure in appearance medicine. For further information, the Data Sheet and Consumer Medicines Information can be accessed at www.medsafe.govt.nz or ask your doctor. If you have any side effects or concerns speak to your doctor. Note: Results from BELKYRA® treatment usually last up to 4 years. Allergan New Zealand Limited, Auckland.
4) Restylane® is a gel containing hyaluronic acid and lidocaine that is injected by a healthcare professional into or below the skin to smooth facial wrinkles and enhance lips by restoring volume and fullness. Restylane is a Class III medical device and has risks and benefits. Restylane® treatment may result in some redness, swelling, pain or tenderness, itching and/or bruising which may last a few days. Inflammatory reactions can begin up to two to four weeks after treatment in rare cases. See your healthcare professional if any side effects concern you. Exposure to excessive sunlight or extreme cold should be avoided until redness or swelling has resolved. Restylane® should not be used in an area where there is a nonresorbable implant or in irritated or infected skin, Restylane® should not be used in people taking blood thinning medicines or who have an allergy to hyaluronic acid, lidocaine or other local anaesthetics. Caution if you take medicines that prolong bleeding time. Treatment lasts 12-24 months. Restylane has not been tested in pregnant or breast-feeding women. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU ARE GIVEN. Galderma, Auckland. Distributed by Healthcare Logistics, Auckland
5) Restylane® Skinboosters is a gel containing hyaluronic acid that is injected into or below the skin to improve skin structure, hydration and elasticity. Restylane® Skinboosters is a medical device class III that has risks and benefits. Do not use in patients with bleeding disorders, or in patients taking blood thinning medicines. Do not inject intravascularly, where there is active disease, inflammation, infection, or tumours near the intended treatment site Possible side effects are injection site effects like swelling, bruising, and tenderness and inflammation. Treatment usually lasts 6-12 months. Product and treatment costs will apply. Consult your cosmetic practitioner for further information. Further product details can also be found in the full product information. Galderma, Auckland.
BOTOX® is a registered trademark of Allergan Inc.
Teosyal Global Action, Teosyal Ultimate, Teosyal Redensity I and II® are registered trademarks of Teoxane, Geneva, Switzerland.
Belkyra® is a Prescription Medicine used to reduce submental fat (double chin region). Belkyra® is a Prescription Medicine used to reduce submental fat (double chin region) is a registered trademark of Allergan Inc.
Updated 17th July 2023